Tuesday, July 20, 2004

What To Do With The Winnings.

I have socked away my customary percentage into savings, and as is my wont I have a separate percentage at hand for discretionary spending. Recently I acquired a lovely new hat, but because my continued winnings have been so remarkable since that indulgence, I find myself at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Better men than I might dole the surplus out to charities, but I've always found that rather dissatisfying. Oh, I cherish the poor and all of that, and I wish them a leg up, but I am wary of the way the funds are managed once they leave my grasp.

So, given that I have several hundred dollars sitting in a pile before me, and no idea what to spend it on, I will repair to the yard for a stroll, a pinkie of Hine, and a hand-rolled. I find that said combination usually puts a new thought or two into my head.