Sunday, July 11, 2004

A Sudden Flush.

Dear Ray took me at less of my word than I had imagined possible, and I did wander away from his pool table four figures more the aristocrat this evening. I would not disparage the fellow's approach in mixed company but he simply must abandon that behind-the-back shot if he is to make any headway with the game. He is like a golfer who will only ever use his driver, simply because it is the biggest club in the bag. The analogy is scant and does not hit on all cylinders, but there you have it.

At any rate, red in the gills with easy money, I believe I will beat a fresh path to the Aidan online shop for a bit of gentlemen's grooming accoutrement. Tomorrow, a good snoot of Talisker down at Napoleon's, for who knows how long this gusher will render its sweet, green oil.