Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Back in the stuff.

Ah, now that's more like it. My original plan to study up on the Olympic results before watching the delayed broadcasts with Ray was unnecessary, as he has proven his curious tell beyond the hypothesis and down on into law. It's the green thing. If there's a flash of green in the country's flag, uniform, or even eye-shadow, he won't put the far end of a cent on them. We were making the board on a Netherlands/Belgium volleyball match when he spied a bit of green in the close-up of the Dutch digger's necklace...he immediately reversed his bet to side with the Belgians, with no overt explanation.

All this reintroduces the aspect of sport into our wagering, which I am all for. It is not a grind of a game where I simply play one-man Bingo; it's still a bit of an event where I must keep tabs on my competitor and read his whimsy. All that, plus the Austin-Healey needs its oxygen sensor relocated after I modernized the carburettor. That's going to run into four digits or so.